Monday 7 October 2013

Storecupboard Dinners - Creamy Mince & Pea Pasta

The usual senario, throws open cupboards, what can I make for this little lot.  My daughter had just been out to an Italian for pasta  (La Pergola, in Carlisle, if anyone is interested, best Italian in town) and brought a doggy bag home.  I couldn't nibble at it as it was meat based, but pasta was well and truly lodged into my tastebuds.

Let's make Creamy Mince & Pea Pasta.  (As usual feel free to change ingredients to suit what you have)

What you need:
  • Pasta
  • Mince (Quorn, Beef, Lamb, Turkey)
  • Peas
  • Chopped Garlic (Frozen is good)
  • Dried Chilli Flakes
  • Creamy style Cup-A-Soup (I had Broccoli & Cauliflower, Cream of Veg would be good too, or Mushroom)


What you do:
  • Put your pasta on to cook and while it is bubbling away make the rest.
  • Heat a little oil in a pan and stir fry your garlic.  Add the mince and peas, chilli flakes and a pinch of dried herbs, and cook through.


  • Sprinkle on the contents of the packet of cup-a-soup powder.


  • Add a little water and stir until all the powder is dissolved.  Add more water as necessary as it thickens as it cooks in.  You are aiming for a nice creamy consistency.


  • Drain the pasta and return to the hot pan, dump the sauce mix on top and give it a stir to blend.


  • Serve with a good grind of black pepper.



Email me through your Storecupboard Dinner recipes and I will feature them in my blog, or if you prefer add a link to your own blog in the comment box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.