Wednesday 30 January 2013

Pea, Mint & Mushroom Risotto

Really fancied a Risotto tonight, so after sending Shona to Morrisons for supplies I made myself one  :)

No one else wanted it, Shona & Marie wanted Toad In The Hole, Andrew had Mini Kievs (his naughty filthy junk food vice).  Risotto for one it was.

As I hardly ever follow a recipe, or if I do I only use it as a rough guide and end up adapting it quite heavily, I thought I should write it down just in case I fancied making it again, as it was rather tasty.  Quite healthy too as I had no Parmesan (veggie version of course).

Here we go then, you will need:  (Serves 2)

  • A pile of mushrooms
  • Half a 500g box of Riso Gallo risotto rice
  • Peas (as many as you like)
  • Dried Mint
  • Crushed Garlic
  • Olive Oil
  • Small single serve bottle of white wine
  • 1 litre of veggie stock
What you do:
  • In a really good non-stick pan heat up a little olive oil, fry the garlic and mushrooms until soft, then pour the whole lot, including the juices, into a dish for later.
  • Add a little more olive oil into the same pan and stir fry the rice until golden.
  • Have a mouthful of the wine and pour the rest into the pan, stirring until it absorbs.
  • Add a ladle of stock to the pan, along with a good sprinkle of dried mint and the peas.  Allow to absorb.
  • Everytime the rice absorbs the stock, add another ladleful. 
  • Repeat until all the stock has gone - around 20 mins, and the rice is nice and tender, but not soggy soft.
  • Finally chuck in the pot of mushrooms, garlic and mushroom juice and stir.
  • Give it a good shake of freshly ground black pepper and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.