Tuesday 16 July 2013

Blossom Cushion

Anyone who crochets must follow Attic24's blog.  I have mentioned her before but Lucy's use of colour is amazing, inspiring and bright.

So when I saw her wonderful blooming flower cushion I simply had to have a go.

Now, it is worth mentioning that this is NOT Lucy's own pattern it is one she has adapted from elsewhere, which she tells you all about at the top of her post.

And here is my version.

These yarns are Double Knit, Mode, by Wendy.  They were on sale in Hobbycraft at half price a little while ago, and I bought them in Teal, Crystal Blue, Grape and Vanilla.

I loved doing this, it's a gorgeous pattern that works up quickly.  The back is plain rounds in the same colours.

I was going to make a pad for it, but then saw that Laura from Beads By Laura had just finished the exact same cushion last week and got a round pad from Dunelm Mill for the grand price of just £3.49.  So off I trotted to pick one up.  (I also bought myself a bolster cushion, but that's for another project  :)  )

I added a cute little purple button to the centre and VoilĂ !

Here it is in situ in my living room, where it might stay  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.