Low fat, filling and one of those types of "womb food" that makes you feel all warm and full. The nice thing is you can chuck anything in it, depending on what you have in your fridge, so feel free to swap ingredients about and see what gorgeous dish you can come up with.
Swap mushrooms for asparagus and chuck in a handful of peas - yummy.
You will need: (This makes enough for one so just adapt to suit your numbers)
- Olive Oil
- Quorn 'Chicken'
- Garlic (I use frozen garlic)
- Pesto (Sacla Organic is vegetarian)
- Low fat soft cheese
What to do:
- Cook the pasta according to the directions, and whilst cooking....
- Heat up a little oil in a non-stick pan and fry the garlic.
- Add the 'chicken' allowing to heat through thoroughly if frozen.
- Add chopped mushrooms.
- When all cooked add 3 good teaspoons of pesto and 3 good teaspoons of low fat soft cheese. Stir well.
- Add to cooked, drained pasta and stir through.
- Serve with lots of freshly ground black pepper and a nice big glass of red wine.