So, this morning, guess what I had? Yep, you got it - marmalade on toast (12p)
I spent lunch time in Hobbycraft doing an Artisan Fair, forgot to take lunch so send Hubster back for supplies, but he brought back crisps, Marmite cheese and crackers - emmm??! So I decided to wait and have a late lunch rather than cheat :) (Good aint I?)
Lunchtime was 4pm, I wondered what to make as I stared into the fridge. How about a leftover hotpot?
Ingredients needed: (anything you can find in the fridge really!)
- 2 sleepy sad looking carrots (4p)
- Half a baking potato (22p)
- Quarter tin of tomatoes (8p)
- Couple of spoons of curry sauce (3p)
- Half tin of potatoes (10p)
- Mixed Herbs (1p)
What you do:
- Wash the baking potato and slice thinly without peeling. Pop into boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Peel and chop the carrots up quite small and put onto cook for 10 mins or until soft.
- Chop the tinned potatoes up into little pieces, mix with the tomatoes, curry sauce and cooked carrots. Put into an ovenproof dish.
- Lay the sliced potatoes on top and sprinkle with mixed herbs.
- Cook at Gas mark 6 for about 30 mins until golden brown and crispy.
Today's lunch cost me 48p to make, but I only ate just over half of it - it was very filling :) Potato topped potato pie, now who would have thought of that? :)
Thank you to everyone who sponsored me in this challenge, there are still some pennies coming through from various places so I don't have an exact total to hand, but it will be around the region of £120 - THANK YOU EVERYONE.
Putting today's lunch in as Wednesday's dinner my week looked something like this.....
Wow, well look at that, five days of three meals at day for just £3.84. As you can imagine I have loads of food left from my original shop, I haven't touched the pasta and only had two portions out of ten of the rice. I still have a little curry sauce left and a quarter tin of tomatoes. I have loads of spread and a decent amount of marmalade left too.
I can honestly say I have never been hungry - I have been fed up with lack of variety and tempted to just grab a slab of Halloumi or liberate those Linda McCartney Fish Free Scampi from the fridge (which incidentally, I am going to have to eat a day out of date tomorrow!) but I am proud to say I have resisted and ploughed on through.
Thanks for following this journey, it's time to get back to craft blogging again now :)