Sunday 28 April 2013

The opening of Warwick Tower

Last night I was invited to the opening of Warwick Tower.

Warwick Tower is at the top of Warwick Road in Carlisle, above the Aga shop.

Looking out onto the Crescent, Carlisle.
As you can see, it really is a tower, sadly I don't know the history of the building, I did try and research a little on Google but could find nothing.

It is being promoted as a "Covent Garden" type market, with local traders having various little stalls in there.


I was invited by Maddie, who I blogged about last week. Here she is beside her beautiful display of artwork that is adorning the staircase as you climb between floors.


There was wine and nibbles on offer, which was very nice  :)  And I was given permission to take some photos for this blog.


So much wonderful things to look at, vintage clothing, hats, home accessories, decorative items, toys, anything you could imagine.  I walked around saying "Oh, I had one of those when I was little!"


Different sellers abided in various rooms, each having their own little space and style.  I think I NEED this chair!


The tower floor itself is still closed off, due to ongoing renovations I believe, but that floor should be open soon apparently.


They will be starting craft workshops soon too, will have to keep an eye out for those.


Go and have a look around, it's very interesting, especially check out the toilets, vintage style upcyling at it's best.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.