Saturday 9 February 2013

Curly crochet scarf

Way back in September 2009 I blogged about an easy-to-do curly crochet scarf.  You can find the original post HERE.

I am currently working on a crochet display for work and I like to try and include a free pattern for customers to take away and have a go with.  Something simple that beginners would be comfortable with trying.

My curly wurly crochet scarf came to mind.

I chose this yarn....

It is Sirdar Snowdrops, which is an acrylic and polyester mix in a chunky yarn weight.  The colour I picked was "biscuit", a lovely soft beige colour.


It took 3 x 50g balls to complete this 150cm scarf.  I used a 4.5mm hook.


Have a go  :)


Curly Wurly Scarf

We use 3 stitches in this pattern.  Chain,  Double Crochet and Triple Crochet.

You will need:
  • ·         4.5mm crochet hook
  • ·         3 x 50g balls of a chunky weight yarn


Method:
·         Make a loose chain which measures approx 120cm, turn.
  • ·         1st row = DC into every chain, turn.
  • ·         2nd row = 2 x TC into every DC.
  • ·         3rd & 4th rows = repeat 2nd row.



If you make this, please feel free to add links to your blog/Facebook page so I can have a little look.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.