I am currently working on a crochet display for work and I like to try and include a free pattern for customers to take away and have a go with. Something simple that beginners would be comfortable with trying.
My curly wurly crochet scarf came to mind.
I chose this yarn....
It is Sirdar Snowdrops, which is an acrylic and polyester mix in a chunky yarn weight. The colour I picked was "biscuit", a lovely soft beige colour.
It took 3 x 50g balls to complete this 150cm scarf. I used a 4.5mm hook.
Have a go :)
Curly Wurly Scarf
We use 3 stitches in this pattern. Chain, Double Crochet and Triple Crochet.
You will need:
- · 4.5mm crochet hook
- · 3 x 50g balls of a chunky weight yarn
· Make a loose chain which measures approx 120cm, turn.
- · 1st row = DC into every chain, turn.
- · 2nd row = 2 x TC into every DC.
- · 3rd & 4th rows = repeat 2nd row.
If you make this, please feel free to add links to your blog/Facebook page so I can have a little look.