Friday 28 December 2012

Bead Buddies Secret Santa.

Every year over on the Bead Buddies Forum we have a Secret Santa Challenge.

Each participant receives the same pack of beads (although in different colours) and an address label.  They need to make something beautiful using as much of the pack as they can, and send it secretly onto their chosen buddy.

Every year it works fantastically and this year was no different.

In our packs we had:

  • Silver Bows
  • Seed Beads
  • Swarovski Crystals
  • Glass Barrel Beads
  • Czech Crystal Drops
  • Compressed Acrylic Owl Focal
  • Beading Scissors

I decided to make from my pack a scissor holder on a long beaded necklace.  When you have little scissors it is so easy to lose them down the side of the sofa, or deep inside a bead box, so I thought if you had them around your neck you would have more chance of keeping them in one place.

I started with a little tube shape, flaring it out a the top so the handles would nestle nicely inside.


I then sewed on the little silver bows and added a fringe with seed beads and drops.

For the beaded necklace part I added the glass beads with crystals and seed beads.


Finally I added the little owl to one ring of the scissors to again make them easier to locate.


I opened the package that I received on Christmas Eve (I am bad like that!!) And I was amused to see that the person making for me had had a similar idea  :)


I am now the proud owner of a cute little scissors holder with a dangly charm.


And a beautiful jangly bracelet.


Part of the challenge is usually to guess who has made the gift for you, judging it by the style of the work, but as I had organised it of course I know who made it for me.  

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Julie Ramezani for making me such a lovely gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.