Tuesday 26 April 2016

A rather posh lady with a fascinator

At Hobbycraft in Carlisle they like to inspire their customers with finished projects dotted around the store.  I had the chance of messing about with a styrofoam head to make it look interesting.  Well of course, I have to be dragged kicking and screaming into any crafty project, but, you know, I thought I would help them out.  (in other words, I grabbed the head and ran with it before they could change their mind!)


So, I gathered supplies.  The head, of course, and a couple of nice decopatch papers to compliment each other.  A fascinator base and some ribbons along with some beads on a length.


I covered half the head with one decopatch paper design.


And the other half with the other, trying my hardest to keep a straight line down the middle of the face.


Then it was time for the fascinator.  No feathers in this fascinator, I hate the blooming things!!


I started by attaching the thickest ribbon with a couple of stitches, then looped it randomly around securing it with a few stitches as I went.


I quite like the effect, but of course, it needed more than that.


I added a second ribbon in this same way, and then a third  (It's hard to see from the photo but the second and third are pale pink and silver)


Time for the length of beads, added in exactly the same way, but then I decided to add a dangle bit, as you do.


I hot glued it to the side of her head - don't worry, she didn't feel a thing.


Now she is all ready to go on display above the styrofoam section in Carlisle Hobbycraft.  Pop in and see her if you like  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.