Saturday 14 November 2015

Poncho + Blanket = Ponchet (Crochet Tutorial)

A while ago I sent a very cheeky Tweet to DMC Creative, asking for a hand-out of their lovely Natura XL yarn to do a big project with.   I had already had a few balls of this to review - find that review HERE - and I fell in love with it.
The yarn is 100% cotton, so so soft and beautiful to handle, so obviously I wanted to do something else with it.  A blanket!


Nothing done by halves in this Shed.

I made an agreement with DMC that I could have the yarn to create the pattern, as long as it was featured on the Hobbycraft blog, as other patterns of mine have been in the past.   So off I popped to check that would be ok  (well, actually, I fired an email off, but you get what I mean).  Hobbycraft wanted to tweak my blanket idea into something "wearable" like a poncho, or a cardi.  I was still set on my blanket.

Time for a little bit of compromise then.  How about a blanket you can wear?

And the Ponchet idea was born.  A totally useable blanket, with a removable panel which leaves a head sided hole so it can be worn.  Perfect for festivals and camping.


So, you can sit on it......


Or wear it.

You can wear it square on....


Points down....


Or with the removable square as added detail...


Whatever you choose    :)

If you fancy making one for yourself, then you can find a step-by-step photographic tutorial on the Hobbycraft blog.  Enjoy   :)  (and do send me a photo if you do one)

http://blog.hobbycraft.co.uk/blanket-poncho-crochet-pattern/

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.