Friday 12 June 2015

A couple of colourful crochet ripple blankets

I have been rippling away of late, making colourful blankies  (small blankets).

This one I made for my Granddaughter, Hope.  It's hard to see the beautiful colours in this photo but the green is a bright vibrant green, and the rainbow is bright joyful colours full of purples, blues, oranges and yellows.


I love rippling, it's so pleasing to see the stripes taking effect.  I also love random colour changing yarns, you never know quite what pattern will pop out as you work.


This one was the perfect size as a pushchair blanket - and for playing "peep-oh" with ;)  (sorry for the blurry shot, she was "peep-oh-ing" too quickly to catch her!

Babies seem to love bright colours, I was a little afraid it might give her a headache - along with the bright lime green pushchair I bought to go with it  ;)   Well, you have to buy a pushchair to match the blankie don't you?  (Just for Nana's house)


The second blankie I made was for a good friend, Shelley, who is nearly fully baked with her bun-in-the-oven.  (a wee chap).

I knew someone was making her a pram blanket so I set about doing a car blanket - one that you can chuck over baby when in the car seat in case it's a bit nippy.  So this one was, again, a small size blankie.


I used Hayfield Bonus Buzz for this one in "Sizzle", along with Hayfield Bonus DK in "Signal Red".
They work together so well, with the Signal Red picking out the red splodges from the Sizzle.


She seemed to quite like it - makes a change from baby blue I suppose  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.