Sunday 10 May 2015

Pine Nut, Spinach & Feta Cheese Pasta

I LOVE pasta, it has to be one of my favourite things, and when I featured this on my Facebook page as part of #ShareYourTeaTuesday, I promised I would post the recipe.

So, you will need:
  • Pasta of your choice  (we have wholewheat twists)
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Feta Cheese
  • Bag of Baby Spinach
  • Pine Nuts
  • Olive Oil
  • Dried Basil


What you do:

  • First of all cook your pasta, and when it is just a few minutes off being done, continue with the next step.......
  • Heat up a bit of Olive Oil in a non-stick frying pan, pop in some dried basil and chuck in the tomatoes, swishing them about to let them cook.

  • Toss in some pine nuts and toast them quickly in the oil with the tomatoes.

  • Next pop in a huge pile of baby spinach - this stuff wilts down to nothing, so be generous.


  • See? Wilted  :)


  • Chop up the feta cheese into small, dice size cubes.


  • Then at the last minute chuck them in the pan and stir.  Don't put them in too early, you don't want them to melt, just to heat through slightly.

  • Finally mix it all together with your pasta and serve.  (Careful eating those tomatoes though, they hold their heat for ages - trust me, I know these things!!)


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.