Wednesday 11 March 2015

Crazy Quilted & Embroidered Cushion

I really enjoy Crazy Quilting - do you remember I did a place-mat a while back?  You can find it HERE.

Well, this cushion was actually made previous to that, it was an experiment with my new sewing machine to see how the embroidery stitches looked across patchworked seams.


So, I started off with a Crazy Quilted panel, a set of Fat Quarters in complimenting patterns was used, quilted on top of some wadding to give it that padded feel.


I just love how random you can get with this effect.


Then I took to the machine, threaded it with black thread for contrast, and sewed a different embroidery stitch down each seam line.


I am not 100% sure whether I should have just stuck to one stitch, or whether the random stitches look better - the jury is still out on that one.


So, the panel hung around my craft room for a while, just looking pretty, I thought I should really make it into something. A cushion.

I just sewed a plain back on and stuffed a small cushion pad in.  I didn't bother with a zip or even an opening, as it is just for decorative purposes only and to be fair, if it needs washed I will just chuck the whole thing in the machine   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.