Wednesday 4 February 2015

Upcycled Jeans - into an iPad case

It might seem odd to make a Christmas gift out of an old pair of jeans, but I had a cunning plan and the Jeans were washed and cleaned   :)

Remember the iPad case I made for my sister?  You can find the tutorial HERE if you would like it.

Well, I decided to make one for my DIL2B  (Daughter in Law to be).  She loves blue and the only blue fabric I could lay my eye on was a pair of jeans in my upcycling fabric box.  Could I?  Should I?

Yeah, why not.


Following the same directions as the one I made for my sister, I cut out the denim, wadding and lining fabric and got to work.

I used a bright and cheerful fabric for the lining, it's from The Very Hungry Caterpillar range at Hobbycraft.


Then I added my button, so she wouldn't forget who made it  :)


And voilà!  A fab little iPad case that holds not just your iPad, but your phone as well!!


And I am happy to say, she liked it  :)  (and uses it, which is always a good sign)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.