Tuesday 18 November 2014

My new camera & some B&W shots

A few days ago, when I was visiting my parents, Daddy L mentioned that he had treated himself to a new camera, and wondered if I might like his old one  :)

Well, how could I refuse such an offer.  The camera that I have at the moment, and love, was also one of his old ones and I do like to have a play with it, shooting all sorts of rubbish and things that look interesting - well to me anyway.

Daddy L has a photography Facebook page, click HERE to go and visit if you like, and see what he does.

My new toy is a Nikon Coolpix P510 Bridge Camera with a 43x wide optical zoom lens, which is rather nice  :)


I was a little bit in awe of all the fabulous features it has.  One being black & white shooting. Now, I know, you can easily edit photos to end up being black & white with a computer program, but it's really nice to see them as you shoot.

Another feature it has is 'colour selection' where you can choose one single colour that the camera picks out with the rest of the image being black & white - I feel I might have some fun with that one!

In the meantime, here are some black and white shots that I took on my walk round the park the day after getting it   :)







If you would like to see a few more that I took at the same time, you can find them on my photography Facebook page  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.