Friday 5 September 2014

Zig Zag Crochet Pram Blanket

I have just completed a very special project for a special little girl who has yet to make an appearance in this big wide world.

I used Sirdar Ella yarn, which is a cotton/polyester blend with a strand of glitter running through it, in pink, mint and lilac.  Well, every girl needs a bit of glitter on their pram  ;)

I decided on wavy effect, having made a ripple blanket a while back a liking the outcome, this has slightly different stitches than the last one, resulting in a deeper valley and higher peaks, making it more of a zig-zag than a wave.


It's hard to spot it in the photos, but the sparkle really does show through.


Now, stupid me made a bit of an error when working this one out.  I did a chain which I deemed large enough to fit a pram, but of course then making a ripple or a zig-zag pattern, the design is going to pull that foundation chain in and make it much smaller.  So I had to add a deep border, popping in a little "V-stitch" design to break up the bulk.

I finished it off with a fan edging.


Notice the shaped bottom, that wasn't planned, I could have pulled it out and considered doing so, but I quite liked it so carried on.



I've got a wee bit of this yarn left, so watch this space to see what I make with it  :)

2 comments:


  1. Sooz, you are an ingenious lady.Such a lovely gift to give.
    Maggie



    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggie, I am rather pleased with this one :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.