Wednesday 30 July 2014

Spirograph Embroidery

Inspired by something I had seen, beautiful embroidered patterns, I thought they looked a little like some Spirograph patterns that I had made when  I was a child.

Trotting myself off to Hobbycraft I bought a Spirograph set - much different from how they used to be, does anyone remember those pesky little pins that used to get lost only to reappear in the bottom of your bare foot?

I also bought an embroidery hoop, a disappearing fabric marker and a cotton tote bag.


I drew some pretty patterns on the fabric - which wasn't the easiest thing to do as the blooming thing kept slipping and it took some working out as to where the wheels had to go to make the pattern match!


And also, some patterns were a little too 'busy' so I had to choose quite carefully, or adapt the design to suit with a little jiggery pockery.


Then I got to stitch  :)   (Hint:  Don't draw your patterns too much ahead of time with disappearing ink - it disappears!   Funny that  :)  )


Quite an enjoyable little craft, and so addictive. Luckily I have plenty of space left on my bag to add loads more patterns.


I am going to offer this up as a workshop - so why not come along and have a go yourself   :)

For more details and booking information, please click HERE.

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Spirograph was possibly one of my favourite things to play with! That's gonna be a fab bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I am going to get a Spirograph today and do some designs on paper and transfer to the fabric (try to) and if not I will try on the fabric. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.