Monday 30 June 2014

Vegan Cashew Nut Pesto

I love Pesto and just fancied a bowl of spaghetti pesto last week, but when I went to buy Pine Nuts in Morrisons they were all out!  Apparently they haven't had any for ages for some strange reason.

So, it was a choice between having something different, or adapting the dish.  Seen as I already had the basil in my basket, I decided to adapt and make it with Cashew Nuts instead.  If you fancy having a go, the recipe is below  :)


You will need:

  • Cashew Nuts  (not salted, just plain ones)
  • Fresh Basil
  • Sun Dried Tomatoes (in a jar)
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil

... and something to smash it all up with  - could be a food processor, a pestal & mortar, or even a Smoothie maker  ;)


    What you do:
    • Rip the basil leaves up by hand and pop them in the chosen receptacle.



    (Ooooo, let's go for an arty view  :)  )

    • Chuck in a handful of cashew nuts.

    • Chop up the sun-dried tomatoes and chuck them in too.  (I used about 6 pieces)

    • Add a glug of olive oil  (tablespoon ish)

    • BLITZ !


    And there you go, could it get any easier than that?  Home made, wholesome, tasty pesto.  



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.