Monday 9 June 2014

Beautiful Fat Quarters

It doesn't do my wallet any good when I hold classes in Hobbycraft, because I spend as much (if not more) than I ever earn!

When I did the Rag-Rug class last Sunday I stupidly walked past the dump pin holding the Fat Quarters - 2 bundles for £20.   Well, I just had to, didn't I?

For those of you that might not know what a Fat Quarter is, let me tell you.   You know when you see fabric in shops on bolts (meters of it wrapped around a bit of cardboard) and you can buy it by the meter?
Well, a FQ is quarter of a meter, cut from the bolt, then cut in half again widthways.  So you get an uneven square rather than a strip.  They often measure 18 x 22" .
Does that make sense?

So these are Fat Quarter bundles.  You can usually buy a bundle in colours that go together.  I picked up this cute Owl pack and a striped pack.


There was 6 FQ's in each bundle 


And the best thing is, although they were different bundles, they match so well!




I have a plan for these   :)

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.