Monday 5 May 2014

Crochet along .... Mandala (9)

Welcome back, have you been sitting patiently?  Then let's begin.

If you are wondering what all this is about, then click HERE to find out - we are crocheting a Mandala.

This is the stage you should be at right now.



And let's begin......

Join a new yarn into any one of the loops.  Then Chain 6.


DC into the next loop.  Chain 5 then DC into the next loop. Repeat all the way around and SS into the first chain to join.


For the next row work 5 DC's into each of the chain spaces around.  SS to join.


It should now look something like this....


The next row we will be working into the FRONT loops only.  See where the hook is?  This is your normal stitch position and there are two strand across the hook, for this round make sure you just have the front strand as we will need the back strand for the next round.


Join a new yarn into any stitch (front loop only) and CH 3.  Work 4 TR's into that SAME stitch. 
*** Skip a stitch then make a DC into the next TWO stitches.
Skip a stitch then work 5 TR's into the next stitch. 
Repeat from *** ending on the 2 DC's and SS to join.


Getting pretty   :)


Now, pull your last row forward so you can get to the loops behind.


Join a new colour and Chain 3.


Work a TR all the way around. SS to join.



Next row, working into the FRONT LOOPS only in the same colour - Chain 3.


Then work 4 TR into the same stitch.
*** Skip a stitch then make a DC into the next TWO stitches.
Skip a stitch then work 5 TR's into the next stitch. 
Repeat from *** ending on the 2 DC's and SS to join.



Your Mandala should now look something like this.... pretty huh?



The next instalment coming soon, but if you have just joined us please use the links below to catch up  :)

Side A

Side B
Crochet along .... Mandala (8)


And remember, anyone who joins in with this crochet along and provides a photo at the end will be entered into a draw to win a lovely prize of a full set of coloured crochet hooks in a case just like this one...




2 comments:

  1. I really, really want to make this beautiful mandala. I love mandalas (as you can see from my blog)...but I am, sadly, completely clueless when it comes to crocheting. Although I have always admired those creative souls who can knit, embroider and crochet, and have always wanted to learn, I never had enough confidence in myself to teach myself...I get frustrated with myself and give up too quickly, I think. I think I need one-to-one hand-holding and a personal mentor and guide. But the series that you've done here is the next best thing. I do want to try this...and thanks to your encouragement and enthusiasm (as well as these beautiful results) I may just try again. Thanks, Sooz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pity you didn't live closer June, I could show you.
    But go on, have a go, what's the worst that can happen? :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.