Saturday 15 March 2014

Sparkly beaded tiaras

On Thursday I held a tiara making class at Hobbycraft, Carlisle.  I do like making tiaras, but I am getting quite a collection of them now.   These ones are the samples I took with me from other classes.


Time to play  :)  Accompanied by a huge brew (you could nearly class it as a bucket) supplied by the lovely folks at Hobbycraft and some sparklies.  What more could you want?  Cake, I hear you say?   Yes, well, cake would have been good too  :)


Lots of bead adding and wire twisting then occurred.


After that we add a row of crystals to hide the wire wrapped around the band, then do some magic with a knitting needle  ;)

Ta dah!


Push the strands back a bit more so it sits nicer on the head.


Now, all I need is a model to show it off.... and who better than our chief brew maker of the evening and Hobbycraft colleague, Lesley  :)  (she did take a bit of persuading)

Thanks Lesley  :)


My student, Chris, made one in greens with a touch of brown, very 'wood nymph' like.


Would you like to make one for yourself?   Give me a few days and I will upload a tutorial for you  :)

2 comments:

  1. that looks fabulous Sooz, looking forward to the tut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working on it now Tricia, trying to find the old photo files :/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.