Monday 18 November 2013

Funky Crocheted Jumper



Just finished this funky, groovy jumper. 

I bought this fabulous "James C Brett" yarn way back in August in a little shop in St Austell, Cornwall.   There was only 4 balls available, so I bought them all thinking I would find something to do with them.

I had a bag pattern that I had been meaning to do for a while, but when I started, the yarn felt so incredibly gorgeous I thought it was a bit of a waste to make a bag with it.  So I started a jumper.   YEP, I started a jumper, only owning 4 balls of this yarn!   Does anyone else do that?

I found the pattern HERE.  (you might have to make an account to view it)

The yarn is James C Brett, Monsoon, shade 5.  It is an Aran weight with a 70% Acrylic 30% Wool mix.



Of course I got so far and ran out  :)

Luckily, I managed to track some down online and ordered it.


At first I was unsure about the arm fitting, looks a bit strange huh?  I thought it would make the jumper fit a bit funny, but it doesn't.  It actually hangs quite nice.  I would show you a photo of me wearing it, but I am still to be convinced that I don't look like a DFS bargain basement sofa!  (Other furniture stockists are available)


I love 3/4 sleeves - so much less to get messy when you craft.  And I really like this jumper, once I pluck up the courage to wear it I am sure it will be a firm favourite.


1 comment:

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.