These cute little monkeys are fun to do and can look very effective.
You will need:
- 1 x 12mm bead
- Beading Thread & Needle
- 60 Sz 15 Seed Beads
- 40 Sz 11 Seed Beads
- 10 Sz 8 Hex Beads
What you do:
- Anchor a bead onto the end of your thread by sewing into it two or three times.
- Thread onto your thread the following beads (leaving a 4” tail)
· 1 x sz 15 / 1 x sz 11 / 1 x sz 15 / 1 x sz 11 / 1 x z 15 / 1 x hex / 1 x sz 15 / 1 x sz 11 / 1 x sz 15 / 1 x sz 11 / 1 x sz 15
- Pass your needle back through the beads BUT you must miss out the first bead and the last one.
- Pass your needle BACKWARDS through the top bead so it sits sideways on top of the beads you have just threaded
- String on another lot of beads the same as in Step 2, and pass your thread back through again missing the two end beads.
- Again, as in Step 4, pass your needle BACKWARDS through the last bead. Now the two strings should sit side-by-side.
- Continue this pattern until you have 9 beaded dangles.
- Holding the strip tightly pass the needle back into the first bead and pull up tight to form a loop.
- Run through the circle with your thread two or three times to strengthen.
- Pass your needle down through one of the dangles.
- Pick up each end bead, being extra careful to pick them up in order and pull together, at the same time slip the 12mm bead in before you pull tight.
- Take your needle round the hoop two or three times to strengthen as before, doing a couple of half-hitch-knots to secure.
- Your beaded bead is now complete.
- You can add a head pin and make a stem for earrings or you can simply thread them into a design.
© S Simmons,
The Bead Shed, 2007