Wednesday 17 July 2013

7/50 Stitches for Afghans

I am working through this book - 50 Stitches for Afghans by Darla Sims.
You can find previous reviews HERE.

So, this is Square 7. I am using Patons 4ply Cotton in Candy.
I had to tackle this square three or four times, each time concentrating very hard on the 'special stitch' which was supposed to be a DC DEC  (Double Crochet Decrease - US terms).  Only the DC DEC didn't seem to work at all, it seemed to put way too many stitches in place.  You were supposed to work the decrease into the side of the shells, but working it into one stitch, which meant you did end up with the same amount of stitches there having decreased them, but too much bulk.  That probably made no sense at all, but it does in my head  :)

So I adapted it and changed the DC DECS to plain simple DC - it worked.

And it looks just like the photo in the book - an error in the instructions perhaps?

Squares so far:

ps: The Amazon links are affiliated  if you click and buy I might get a few pennies.  Just so you know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.