You will need:
- 75cm 2x3mm link chain
- 1.5m Silver Tigertail Beading Wire
- 12 Crimp Beads
- 1 Lobster Clasps
- 1 x 6mm Jump Rings
- 15g Sz 6 Seed Beads
- 10g Sz 8 Seed Beads
- 1 Large Hole Focal Leaf Bead
- 4 Small Glass Leaf Charms
What you do:
- With Wire Cutters, cut 56cm of chain.
- Cut a length of Tigertail 60mm long , thread on a crimp bead then through the end of your Lobster Clasp & through the last link in the length of chain, then back through the crimp bead.
- Squeeze the crimp bead hard with crimping pliers or flat nose pliers to grip securely.
- Onto the Tigertail, thread enough Sz 6 Seed Beads to make the same length of beads as the chain.
- At the end add a crimp bead, then go through a jump ring, back through the crimp bead (pulling taught) & a few seed beads. Squeeze the crimp and trim off the excess wire.
- Go back to the Clasp end and add another length of wire as in Step 2. String enough Sz 8 Seed Beads to match the length of the other strands.
- Add to the same Jump Ring as in Step 5.
- Open the Jump ring and slide off the strands. Keep the Jump Ring safe as you will be putting it back very soon.
- Go back to the Clasp end and loosely plait the three strands together, each time passing the outer strand over the middle one.
- Pull all the ends together with the Jump Ring from Step 8, and close to secure.
- Take a 15cm length of Tigertail and onto the centre string 19 alternate Sz 8 & Sz 6 Seed Beads. Slide a crimp bead onto both strands and squeeze in place to form a loop. MAKE TWO OF THESE.
- Using the leftover length of chain, and putting the two loops of beads together from Step 11 thread the chain through it so it falls equally on each side.
- Thread both the looped wires and both strands of chain through the focal leaf.
- Onto each four strands of the Tigertail wire thread a few Seed Beads followed by a Crimp Bead, and a glass leaf charm, then thread back up through the crimp and a few beads. Squeeze the crimp and trim off the excess wire.
- To finish, simply thread onto your plaited necklace.
© S Simmons, The Bead Shed, 2008