These earrings have a little bit of work in them, but they hang and sway so nicely and are so eye-catching.
You will need:
- 2 x Earring Wires
- 2 x 16” Figaro Chains
- 2 x 50mm Eyepins
- 2 x 4mm Jump Rings
- 12 x Sz 12 AB Clear Seed Beads
What you do:
1. Cut the chain as follows:
••• Starting at a large link, count 5 large links down then cut the chain at the last small link before the 6th large link.
••• 2 pieces in the same manner but with 4 large links in the piece.
••• 2 pieces but with 3 large links
••• 2 pieces but with 2 large links
2. Onto an eye pin thread a 2 link piece with the large link at the top, then a Seed Bead, followed by the 3 link piece, seed bead, 4 link piece, seed bead, 5 link piece, seed bead, 4 link piece, seed bead, 3 link piece, seed bead and finally the 2 link piece.
3. Turn the end of the eye pin into a loop the same size as the eye on the eyepin and trim off the excess.
4. Cut some more chain, this time 3 large links long with a large link at each end – 2 pieces of this.
5. Open the eye on the eyepin and slide on a piece of this chain before closing again, do the same at the
6. Cut a final piece of chain 2 large links long, ending on the last small link before the next large link.
7. Open the jump ring and slide on one piece of chain connected to the eyepin loop, then the last piece you
have just cut, then the other piece on the eye pin and finally an earwire before closing.
8. Make a second one to match !
© Sue Simmons / The Bead Shed / 2007
I do apologise about the poor quality photos in this tutorial, I will endeavour to re-make them at some point with much better pics.