A quick update on the crochet vest I am making for a display at work. I have started shaping the armholes on the front now, and in the next couple of rows I will begin to shape the neckline. Then it's just a case of making it up and crocheting the edges.
In other news, we got a new product in Hobbycraft, a felting mold. There are a few different styles, but I picked this one - a rose. You needle felt a few of each shape, then connect them all together to make a 3D flower.
Of course once I had gotten it home and unpacked, and dug out all of my felting wool, could I find my needles? Of course not. There are in a little plastic tube somewhere with a red cap, so if anyone should see them please let me know.
The next day in work I planned to pick up a pack of felting needles, now usually I just use a single needle and this is what I planned to buy, but instead I thought I would treat myself to a pen style one with 3 needles in it.
I pulled out some wool, padded it into the mold and started stabbing. 4 stabs later and I missed the hole, stabbed the mold and broke all the needles! Dumbo. I got a cute heart out of it though :)
Now I need to buy some more needles :/
Another project currently under construction is my wavy blanket. I have had to order some wool, the four colours I picked.......
.....needed something else alongside, lilac I thought. I had to order it online though as we don't have that colour in our store. Waiting for it to arrive now so I can do the next row as I think I need that colour in next.
In the meantime I added the fill in row at the top, this is a mixture of varying size stitched, normally done at the end once the blanket has been finished, but I was bored :)
Right, back to it ;)