Wednesday 26 January 2011

Higham Hall - January 2011

Another great weekend at Higham Hall College teaching basic glass bead making.

I thought I would show you my regular room.  It is a 'compact' room, but I don't spend much time in it (except for sleeping) so it suits my needs.



 The bathroom could do with being a little bit bigger though  :)


It looks out onto a wonderful side garden of the Hall, and in the morning I can hear woodpeckers, lots of bird chorus and watch the bunny rabbits frollicking about on the grass.

I laid the glass out following the "Rainbow Rules" (R.O.Y.G.B.I.V) or as near as I could, looked very attractive I thought  :)


I was amazed when I picked up the class list - Sue, Sue, Susan and Heather - and of course me, another Sue.  Made for a confusing weekend.  Instead we called each other Mrs Bee, Mrs Ess, Mrs Double You, and Heather just got 'Heather'  :)

Here are the Ladies, working hard at the torches.


...and showing off their stash of glassy goodies.

Heather, Mrs Bee, Mrs Ess & Mrs Double You.
(Or Heather, Sue, Susan & Sue)

I just wanted to show you this, this is Bassenthwaite Lake where the College is situated, I took this on my drive home - beautiful isnt it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.