Thursday 14 October 2010

Take Three Rods

I had a little experiment this week, to choose three rods of glass, and see what different colour reactions I could get from using them in the same way, but different orders.

It kind of went like this... I made a glass bead with colour 1, then dotted it with colour 2 and topped the dots with colour 3. Then I made other beads using the same technique but changing the colour order around.

This set is made from CIM glass - Cirrus, Ghee & Kryptonite.


As you can see there are a lot of different colours from those three rods, some of them were worked longer in the flame which gave the different shades.

The next set I tried was also in CIM glass, in Grape Ape, Khaki & Desert Pink.

Similar technique, I prefer this set, the colours reacted nicely and stayed a bit truer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.