Monday 15 March 2010

Glass Beadmaking at Higham Hall.

This weekend was my first as Glass Beadmaking Tutor at Higham Hall College.

Of course, I was a little pensive, having not taught there before, but it was a blast !

I had four students, all of them lovely ladies, who I hope to keep in touch with, they made the weekend so much fun and filled with laughter, so if you are reading Ladies, I thank you :)

If you have never looked at the Higham Hall website, do have a peep, I can totally recommend doing a course, the food they serve is amazing - with everything hand-made and mouthwateringly yummy. In fact I have booked on one myself, Silver Clay Rings :)


But hey, it's not all about the food, so back to the bead talk. This is the brand new equipment, ordered in just for the course. All shiny and spangly :) (Well, it was!!)





The students, Gill & Lucie and Jackie & Veronica.






So, none of the students had ever melted glass before, but look at the stash of beauties they managed to produce!



By the end of the day two they were making a tree bead which pulled together all the techniques they had learned throughout the course - pulling stringers, twisties, shaping, pressing. I think you will agree they did really well.


The Ladies with their Tree Beads...



....and a closer view.



Can't wait until the next one :)


2 comments:

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.